Children are wide open to receive the world with minds and hearts yet to be filled. Although the children of the Middle East are thousands of miles away, we can nurture and support them, fostering their growth, into the people they were meant to be.
Imagine what this could bring to the region…
reGeneration supports an educational system that is ethical, compassionate, artistic, and inspirational for both Israelis and Palestinians. Jewish and Arab children, separately or together, are immersed in peaceful, intellectual and creative learning environments.
In Europe and the United States such schools have afforded children a sense of harmony, creativity, and fairness that leads them into lifelong action in the service of what is good and just. reGeneration and the Waldorf educational approach it supports, are like olive trees, rooted in their communities, beginning to stand strong and wide in a Middle East where children can flourish.
The International Peace Heroes Walk initiative promotes peace literacy education through the stories of peace heroes and an exploration of the ideals that guide these role models for our community.
- This year, Peace Hero Walks around the country will commemorate the fifteenth anniversary of September 11, 2001 and honor the lives lost on one of the darkest days in American history.
- The Conejo Valley Peace Heroes Walk will take place on Sunday afternoon September 11, 2016 at California Lutheran University.
- Teams from local civic organizations, schools, businesses, and faith communities are being recruited now to select their peace heroes, raise funds to benefit peace education programs, and participate in the community walk event.
- The event is initiated and organized by reGeneration, a local nonprofit interfaith organization supporting early childhood peace education, in collaboration with the Conejo Valley Interfaith Association, California Lutheran Campus Ministry and the 21st Century Peace Literacy Foundation. The honorary chair for the Conejo Valley Peace Heroes Walk is California State Senator Fran Pavley.
- Participating organizations first select a Peace Heroes Walk Team captain to recruit team members, select their peace hero, register their team online at peaceheroeswalk.org, and attend the Conejo Valley Peace Heroes Walk launch event on Sunday afternoon May 15, 2016.